Sunday, 19 June 2011

Let me just once, Pass my fingers through her hair

Beauty.
Is she the devil incarnate?
Leading me from the Eternal Lord,
Who has bewitched me with carnel desire,
To turn me from Heaven above?
She carries inside the original sin,
Am I a criminal if I desire her?
She,
who all thought a whore,
A girl of the street,
Suddenly seems to be humanity’s burden,
Oh! I beseech you Our Lady.
Oh! Allow me just once,
The entrance to Esmeralda’s garden.

Beauty
behind those eyes casts a spell.
Could a girl still be a maiden?
When the moves she makes promise me the earth.
Under her rainbow skirt.
My betrothed, leave me one infidelity,
Before we’re joined by God.
What man could resist gazing at her,
At the risk of becoming transfixed?
Oh! My Lilly flower,
I’m not a man to trust,
I’ll pluck the flower of Esmeralda’s love.

1 comment:

  1. “When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.”

    ― Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

    ReplyDelete