Monday, 19 December 2011

I WAS SITTING BY THE ROADSIDE by سچل سرمست


Suchul Surmust. One of the great sufi poets of Sindh, Pakistan.

I was sitting by the roadside,
When the path became clear to me;
In the palace the Beloved I saw,
a glimpse the Beauty gave;
Through the window was the vision,
a glimpse the Beauty saw;
Take care of the ignorant;
Our bond was made for a reason.
I truly recognized the Lord,
My companion He sure became;
'He is the Creator of all
and intrinsic to all',
All doubts in this perished;
With happiness shall I carry
Sisters, if your trust I have.
All the journeys, all the manifestations
The Dear One's own;
Friend 'Sachal' know this correctly,
Slumber has created illusions.
Sachal regarded love as the path to spirituality:
'Tis not in religion I believe
'Tis love I live in.
When love comes to you.
Say Amen!
'Tis not with the infidel
that love resides
Nor with the faithful.

1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone, it's my first pay a visit at this website, and paragraph is in fact fruitful for me, keep up posting these types of posts.

    ReplyDelete