Thursday, 2 February 2012

WAR

Heroism by order, senseless violence, 
and all the pestilent nonsense that 
goes by the name of patriotism-how 
I hate them! 

This topic brings me to that worst outcrop of 
the herd nature, 
the military system, which I abhor. 
That a man can take pleasure in marching 
in formation to the strains of a band is 
enough to make me despise him. 
He has only been given his big brain by mistake; 
a backbone was all he needed. 
This plague-spot of civilization ought 
to be abolished with all possible speed.

Heroism by order, senseless violence, 
and all the pestilent nonsense 
that goes by the name of patriotism-how I hate them! 
War seems to me a mean, contemptible thing: 
I would rather be hacked in pieces 
than take part in such an abominable business.

Add caption

1 comment:

  1. Неllο, јust wanted to
    say, I loveԁ thiѕ post. It was practical.

    Keeρ on posting!

    Here is my pagе - skybet.com

    ReplyDelete